UPDATE: The application deadline is extended to March 20, 2023, Friday.
Turkey Computational Social Sciences Conference 2023
We are happy to announce that the first Turkey Computational Social Sciences Conference (TCSS), TCSS 2023: Understanding Society with Data, will take place at Koç University, Istanbul on the 13th and the 14th of April 2023. The conference will provide an excellent opportunity for researchers in all areas of social sciences and humanities who are working with computational methods to share their ideas, discuss issues and challenges related to their fields, and initiate collaborative projects with their colleagues. With the TCSS 2023, which is organized under the auspices of the Social ComQuant project, we aim to lay the foundations of a vibrant, robust, and lasting community of computational social scientists to discuss issues related to the field including, but not limited to:
- Big data in social research
- Social media studies
- Social network analysis
- Privacy and ethics in computational social sciences
- Methodological issues in social sciences
- Agent-based modeling
- Population dynamics
- Use of natural language processing in social sciences
- Collective behavior
- Event data
- Political polarization
- Dis/Misinformation dissemination
February 17, 2023 (23:59 AoE) March 20, 2023
Notification of results:
March 1, 2023 March 25, 2023
Conference dates: April 13 and 14, 2023
Koç University Rumelifeneri Campus, İstanbul.
The conference format will be entirely in-person. Participants are expected to travel to Istanbul.
Participation and attendance at the conference are free.
APPLY FOR PARTICIPATION
Please send your presentation proposals with your name and institution information the via the Microsoft CMT link provided through the "APPLY" button below.
Applications require an abstract in English containing no longer than 500 words which will include the research question or hypothesis, a description of the data and methodology used in the research to be presented, and the conclusions of the study. Please note that the conference is going to be in English.
How do I submit my application to Microsoft CMT?
- To submit your application, please click on the following link: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/TCSS2023
- Open a Microsoft CMT account for yourself, and log in with your Microsoft CMT credentials.
- Start to submit your application via "create new submission."
- Enter a title for your submission, and add co-authors if required.
- Upload your abstract as doc, docx or pdf, via "upload from computer," and click on "submit."
Conference Room: Founders Hall (Kurucular Salonu) @Tower